Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Inspiration

I've been inspired by a number of people and a few things along this entire journey. Here are just a couple, and note that this is only the being of the journey.


Family. My mom and sister are both crafters too, mom taught me how to crochet along with an old friend of mine {Mrs. Ramos}, and my sister dearest who refueled my passion for handmade when she bought her own sewing machine and supported my crafting as well. My sister was also the one who taught me how to knit, she's my best critic.


Friends, both near and far. I can't say how much it means to get support from everyone. Whether is a little note that says they like my designs or my crafting, or if it were an hour long conversation about God's blessings through our talents, or situations, or even our trials. I love them all for being so encouraging and supportive with my art and crafts.

This one friend has been a huge inspiration for me, and her name is Rubyellen ... or the "cakies mama". Ruby has supported me in every way imaginable at this point. Whether sharing creativity, or her input on my designs, encouragement with all things crafty, or with daily life. She's the one who pushed me to really open up my shop and she was my first west coast customer. I've gotten nothing but love from her and her beautiful family and thought we're on opposite coasts I praise God for friends like Ruby and her family.

No comments: