Friday, February 1, 2008

Day One

So today marks the beginning of my little Etsy adventure.

I've finally chosen a name for my shop, "Rini & Faith" therefore I've finally been able to register it onto Etsy. It may take a few days till I establish myself as a seller because I'm still working out a few kinks, but I'm on my way. Honestly I'm a bit nervous, and timid, but with faith and a bit of elbow grease I believe I have some potential here.

While I'm here at the beginning, I should take the time and explain my shop name.
I choose Rini & Faith because and it's a combination of my name and my sister's name, and it stays true to the reason I opened up my shop in the first place, Faith. In highschool one of my closest friends called me Rini, short for Irene (but my first name in it's entirety is Irene Carole) and my sister's middle name is Faith (full name Joan Faith) so you get Rini & Faith. I've always had a love and passion for handmade things, my mom is where I get my craftiness from but it's my big sister who got me excited about it again. I'm opening my etsy up by faith because I'm not sure where it's going to take me, or even if I make a profit out if it, but no matter what I'm trusting God in all that I do, even crafting. I hope that even in this I may be a blessing to other, to my family and even bring praise to God.

Start your engines...

PS. My personal blog is also here on blogger at IreneCarole.blogspot.com and I shall keep both blogs up to date. This blog here is going to be a documentation of my Etsy journey and hopefully it'll be an exciting one.

No comments: